Skip to main content

Accounts and Real-Time Online Status - With GameMaker: Studio

 

Login System and Accounts Management

Client's Review: 

"I was looking for information about a server and with his feedback we ended up creating an interface for our game, you are very creative and what I like the most is that you work fast and he is open to making changes."
PapuDante on Login System and Accounts + A Real-time Online Status System

The client wanted a "lock system" for their private game, my client would have a control panel on a website, where he can create accounts and also remove them. The account holders are the only people allowed to play the game. Within the game, a login page is present in the opening. Once the account holder signs in (using their username and password), they would be transferred to the game, otherwise an error would pop-up and they won't access the game.

The process is simple:

  1. A player opens the game, he would be presented with a login page.
  2. The player enters their login credentials, created previously by my client.
  3. The game would connect to a database on a server and retrieve the user information if the login was successful, otherwise, they would receive an error message, "Login was unsuccessful!"
  4. Once the player had logged in, they would be transferred to the game, and their online status will be "online."



My client is also provided with an easy-to-use control panel directly from their website, they can.

  • Create accounts for new players.
  • Remove accounts.
  • Keep track of total logins, today's logins (in case someone else has been using the same account, one would know if an account had been used without permission), and their online status.



Real-Time Online Status System

One of the features in this system, and the one both my client and I are very proud of, is the real-time online status system. You can play the game and see which one of your friends is playing at the same time as you are, and when they have turned off the game.


The system is completely programmed using PHP and MySQL, and the heavy work is done on the server-side, on the client-side (the game and within GameMaker), the game just retrieves and updates information, therefore not slowing down the game with processes.



This system could also be incorporated into online games, html5 games, or mobile games, any game that requires keeping track of players' online status, as long as they have accounts.


Players that have logged into the game won't be able to log in again from another device or window. This could be helpful in identifying which account is being used.


You Can Hire Me If You Like My Services

If you admire my work and are interested in developing a game/website together, please contact me and let me know, or if you have any questions and/or concerns, you can reach me from the contacts below.

I work for a flat payment (no hourly rate) for a project, I work efficiently and deliver a project as fast as possible.

Please use the contact form on my website, or you can reach me directly via Discord.


Thank you very much.

Comments